march 21-24, 2024
2024 Atlanta Rule Packet (Available Spring 2024)
Trip Google Folder (Available Spring 2024)
7:00am - Depart AHS
12:00pm - Lunch
4:30pm - Arrive at Hotel (Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott)
5:30pm - Dinner
9:00am - Performance and Clinic at Georgia State University
12:00pm - Lunch TBA
1:30pm - Centennial Olympic Park
5:00pm - Hard Rock Cafe
7:00pm - Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (Carmina Burana)
8:00am - Depart Atlanta
12:00pm - Lunch
5:00pm - Arrive at AHS
What do the Braves and the AHS Band have in common? They’ll both be in Atlanta, GA at the end of March 2024! Our spring band trip this year takes us to the Atlanta, Georgia! The trip will take place March 21-24, 2024. Full details on the trip will be distributed later in the year, but this packet should give you everything you need for now. This is an amazing opportunity to see an amazing city and experience its culture. Various Fundraisers will provide opportunities to earn money towards this trip. Our estimate for the cost of this trip is $750. Below is an outline of the AHS Band Boosters Financial policy as it pertains to spring trips:
- Students who are planning on participating must make the first payment deposit and turn in the intent to travel form.
- A payment schedule will follow on the next page.
- It is the policy of AHS Band Boosters to allow for refunds up to 30 days after each published payment deadline for the most recent payment amount only. We purchase things (tickets, busses, etc.) for your child with each payment.
- It is illegal for money accrued through fundraising to be reimbursed to the student.
- Students whose accounts are not up to date are presumed to be not participating in the travel activities. Please contact the band director if you have a special circumstance impacting your ability to make timely payments.
- Money should not be the deciding factor for attending this trip! Students requesting financial assistance should contact Mr. LaPrade about scholarship opportunities. If anyone would like to donate to the scholarship fund, donations can be made on the band website. You can write “scholarships” in the notes for the payment.
Why have a Spring Trip?
We have found that trips are very positive and powerful both for the programs but also for each participating student. As always, participation in this trip is optional, but we strongly encourage each student to take part for several reasons:
- The opportunity to perform for, to see and to hear other groups from other parts of the country.
- The opportunity to perform for, and receive feedback from, professional adjudicators and music professionals in a top notch facility.
- The opportunity to experience the local culture in the chosen city.
- The bonding experience and sense of belonging associated with traveling and performing successfully with our groups.
- The resulting boost in pride, self-esteem, and esprit de corps.
In order to be included in the trip, students must meet the following:
- Be in good standing with the participating ensemble
- Maintain a “C” or better grade average
- Making up work missed due to this trip in a timely manner. School policy is within 5 days of the trip.
- Be in good standing with all other school classes and current responsibilities
- Be in good standing in the community
- Meet the account payment deadlines (see the financial sheet.)
Any and all office referrals may be sufficient cause for dismissal from the Spring Trip, possibly without refund, depending on circumstances.
ATLANTA Financial Facts
The cost this year is projected to be $750 per student but is subject to change once contracts are finalized. This cost includes all meals, shows, travel, lodging, gratuities, and required expenses.
2. Down Payment
In order for us to start reserving the hotel, restaurants, et cetera, we must begin to commit. This requires a $200 per person initial down payment. This is due with your permission slip (the last page of this packet) by Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DOWN PAYMENT IS NOT REFUNDABLE after November 30, 2023.
3. Financial Obligations and Policies
Please understand that we do not pay for the trip in one large lump sum just before we leave. Even prior to your deposit, we have had to make deposits with vendors who require payment in advance, and will continue to do so through March. Because of this, trip payments are not refundable after 30 days past the published due date. Once the 30 days have passed, the money is committed to payments that have to be made to reserve services essential to our trip. Student accounts will be published periodically so students and parents can review the balance.
5. Financial Payment Deadlines
Amount to be paid Date Total Account Balance
(Assuming no fund raising)
$200 October 31 $200
$275 November 30 $475
--NO DECEMBER PAYMENT--
$275** February 1 $750
** Last payment will be adjusted slightly lower or higher based on ticket contracts, etc.